PUBLIC MEETING CONCERNING AN UPDATE TO THE GROUNDWATER APPROPRIATION POLICIES FOR THE MALAD AND BEAR RIVER DRAINAGES WITHIN BOX ELDER COUNTY
|Who:||Water Users in the Malad and Bear River Drainages within Box Elder County
|When:||January 10, 2018, 3:00 p.m.
|Where:||Bear River Water Conservancy District
102 West Forest Street
Brigham City, Utah 84302
The purpose of the meeting was to present a proposed update to the interim groundwater appropriation policy for the Malad and Bear River Drainages within Box Elder County. Personnel from the Division of Water Rights were available to answer all questions and receive comments provided by the general public and interested parties.
|Agenda:||1. Introduction - Kent Jones, State Engineer|
2. Summary of hydrogeologic information - James Greer, Assistant State Engineer
3. Policy update - Will Atkin, Regional Engineer
4. Public Questions and Comments
• Draft Groundwater Management Policy for Malad and Bear River Drainages in Water Right Area 29|
• Presentation Slides
• Audio recording of meeting
• Attendance list
• USGS Scientific Investigations Report 2017-5011 () - Hydrology and numerical simulation of groundwater flow and streamflow depletion by well withdrawals in the Malad-Lower Bear River Area, Box Elder County, Utah. BJ Stolp, 2017
• UGS Special Study 157 () - Hydrogeology of the Malad-Lower Bear River Basin, North-Central Utah and South-Central Idaho. Hugh Hurlow, 2016
• Letter Regarding New Policy dated April 30, 2018
• Groundwater Management Policy dated April 30, 2018
- 02/08/2018    Daniel A. Jensen, Parr Brown Gee & Loveless representing The Bear River Club Company
- 02/08/2018    Voneene J. Jorgensen, Bear River Water Conservancy District
- 02/09/2018    Brian S. Caruso, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- 02/09/2018    J. Lance Nielsen, Hansen, Allen & Luce, Inc.
- 02/09/2018    Roger Fridal, Tremonton City
NOTE: Documents may be of many types including scanned papers, photos, sound recordings, and full motion video. External or plug-in
viewers may be required to access the document information.