- To begin, enter your application number into the "Water Right, Change, or Exchange Number" field and click the "Get Info" button.
- Use the fields below to describe all appurtenant information. (This will be reviewed and may determine the action of the State Engineer regarding your Extension Request.)
- Provide a reasonable and serious approximate date when the project will be completed.
- To print and mail the form select the "Generate Mail-In Form" button then follow these steps:
- Sign the form.
- The filing fee for an extension request is $50 if made before 14 years from the Approval Date, and $150 after that. To determine which fee is required, refer to the top of the printed form.
- Enclose any additional supporting documentation.
- Enclose the appropriate fee (check or money order made out to "Utah Water Rights") with the Extension Request
- Mail or hand deliver to the Division of Water Rights, 1594 West North Temple, Suite 220, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
- To submit the extension form online follow these steps:
- Fill out all the fields including the Required Fields indicated in red and an asterisk (*)
- Select the "File Extension Online" button.
- Fill out the Credit Card Information and select the "Submit" button
- After the Credit Card transaction is processed you will be able to print documents for your records.
- If you have additional supporting documentation, please email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover sheet that references the application number and this extension request.